Want to join the fastest growing scientific, technical and medical publisher in the world?
Having just opened our New York office, this is an exciting time to join Texere Publishing with plenty of opportunity for you to develop your career and really make your mark.
We are now looking for an experienced individual to take on the role of Business Development Manager to support our growing portfolio of brands which currently include The Analytical Scientist, The Medicine Maker, The Ophthalmologist, The Pathologist and The Translational Scientist.
This is a great opportunity to become part of our dynamic team. With responsibility for your own territory, you will be tasked with developing and selling tailored marketing programs to some of the world’s leaders in the STM market. Reporting directly to the Publisher, you will work closely with them to maximise opportunities and increase the reputation of this already well-established brand.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain, grow and expand revenue opportunities
- Sell consultatively, needs based sales with solutions targeted to the client’s individual requirements are a must for this role
- Build the sales story. This involves understanding/analysing current strengths, weaknesses and areas of development and producing a plan to help build the sales story
- Focus on forward planning and be able to manage your time to ensure all elements of our portfolio are focused on
- Sell display and online advertising across all publication platforms – directly and via agencies from standard advertising to creative campaigns, inserts and sponsorship as well as all online advertising options
- Proactively develop exciting new business opportunities, new sponsorship arrangements and grow and develop existing accounts, upselling where possible
- Build long term business relationships with clients and feel confident when entertaining clients at events, awards, away days and dinners
- Regular client meetings in order to establish and maintain strong relationships both face to face and on the telephone.
- Attend relevant industry events to meet and network with your clients such as exhibitions.
- Create proposals for client campaigns
- To liaise with other departments including editorial, production, marketing, and sales support to ensure the smooth running of your portfolio of products
- Update and maintain the sales database and CRM
Skills and Experience:
- Must be educated to degree level or have at least 2 years consultative sales experience/business development experience in a relevant field
- Ambitious, highly motivated, driven, self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Experience in consultative selling and a true belief in the value of advertising
- Team player with ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Proven track record of exceeding targets
- IT skills - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Web Research, Database Packages
- Understanding of the print and online advertising and a real passion for media
- Languages: A second language would be an advantage but not essential
What will we offer you?
- OTE - £28 - 35K
- Commission on every sale you make plus an on-target bonus scheme
- A fast-paced environment with genuine career development opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Excellent training scheme
- Mobile phone and Laptop
Other important information about this position:
- Office based with opportunity to work from home
- Travel throughout UK, EU and US is required (20%)
- Full UK driving license required
Please only apply if you fit the skills criteria above.
Due to the volume of applications we can only respond to candidates matching the above criteria.
If you are interested in this role, please send a cover letter and your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org