Job type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Knutsford, UK
Having just opened our New York office, this is an exciting time to join Texere Publishing with plenty of opportunity for you to develop your career and really make your mark.
We are currently looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join our rapidly expanding team.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker with the ability to produce high impact social media content strategy across all media channels. They will be able to communicate and work well with a wide range of people at all levels of the business – both internally and externally.
You will understand how to engage and connect with our audience in order to promote Texere Publishing and our growing portfolio of brands (The Analytical Scientist, The Medicine Maker, The Ophthalmologist, The Pathologist, The Translational Scientist) across the whole of our diverse audience.
Working with key stakeholders you will increase our social media reach, engagement and conversion across all brands in our portfolio, in order to drive engagement, grow our audiences and ultimately increase revenue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with Editors to create detailed communication plans and activity schedules, covering timelines, frequency and format of messaging, channel differentiation, communication themes, response framework and call to action
- Identify and implement the appropriate social media strategy, covering new member acquisition, interest and engagement, conversion, brand advocacy and amplification
- Work with teams across the business (Marketing, Editorial, Sales, Audience) to ensure that social media strategy and activity is integrated with other channels, in order to present a consistent brand experience
- Using appropriate tools, ensure we are monitoring, listening and responding to our social community; feed queries to appropriate team for response where needed, and ensure that insight generated is fed back to the brand teams
- Maintenance of existing accounts, ensuring these all meet best practice and brand guidelines, including creative identity
- Stay ahead of the curve and identify all new channels and platforms pertinent to our brands and advise internal teams accordingly
- Regular reporting of activity and KPI performance vs. target, meeting regularly to review activity, spend and results, developing plans to optimise and remediate as needed
- Provide expert social media insight and advice in order to grow internal understanding and awareness of social media and digital marketing in general
- Assist with Marketing projects as required under guidance of Marketing Manager
- Experience in setting up, communicating with and managing organic social media communities, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
- Experienced in use of social media management and monitoring tools/software, such as Oktopost/Hootsuite/Buffer and Google Analytics
- Experience of creating and implementing social media strategies in order to drive community interest, engagement, new prospect acquisition, database growth, newsletter sign-up, website traffic and ultimately customer conversion
- Experience of generating insight from social media tools to improve marketing effectiveness, innovation and proposition development
- Intensely results-focused, able to clearly demonstrate success via proven metrics
- Relevant editorial experience
- An interest in the sciences
What will we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days + bank holidays
Please only apply if you fit the skills criteria above.
Due to the volume of applications we can only respond to candidates matching the above criteria.
If you are interested in this role, please send a cover letter and your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org